We stared out with Microblading as the big rage last year and now as clients are coming back in wanting more fullness the Fushion brow is hot. It honestly our personal favorite at VINE Studios as it provides a longer lasting fullness to the brow and really takes care of a lot of brow problems. It also depends on what the clients long term goal is. Clients want natural but more want designer natural. Meaning, they want more fullness and less gaps. In pure microblading the negative space is really important to create that natural light fluffy brow. In Fusion the idea is to combine microblading with a powder looking base to fill in more of the negative space.
Just as in anything PMU the there is top level technique to master and Fusion is also a new skill to add to your talent. At VINE we have over 10 years of experience in powder fill and Fushion brows it is not a new technique it simply has been rebranded and improved so here are the top 5 things an artist must master to create amazing Fushion brows.
- Learn how to use a tattoo machine. The ability to handle a tattoo machine is key importance to creating a really amazing Fusion brow as the machine can create that fine shaded look and precision areas that a hand tool just cannot match. We like the pen like machines such as the Cheyenne Hawks these machines are German engineered with high quality motors and needles. Highly recommend upgrading to this machine. If you need a thinner handpiece then the Javelin.
- Train in shading technique. Good training is key. Training in shading technique is very important as the skin on the face is very thin and using a high powered machine can be dangerous if you are not properly trained. There are many styles of needles and techniques to learn in shading alone so take a class. The areas of the brows require different pressure and needles as well and how much density you want to create can come into play with needle choices.
- Skin. Can it take this? Know your skin and if you do not get training. The skin is the single most important factor in creating beautiful brows that heal well in retention and color. If the skin cannot handle this then you must revert to a hand tool for shading. The skin must be the right type in thickness, age and health to handle machine work on the brows especially over microblading.
- Hand tool. There are different hand tools for shading. Our personal favorite at VINE is the Soft Tap. Soft Tap is a trademarked brand of tools and technique that you must be trained on. It is a fantastic tool for sensitive, thin hard to tattoo skin and can create beautiful powder effects and solid as well. It is also great for quick touch ups without as much trauma as the tattoo machine that can in addition to tattooing creates heat that can hurt the skin if you are not skilled.
- Train. Train. Train. Training is key. Many artist think they can just buy it on Amazon and start in only to find the have made a critical decision error.